Go Greek, Swedish-style, with this classic salad. Naturally low carb. Naturally delicious. This authentic recipe comes from Team Diet Doctor's cinematographer and video editor, Giorgos Chloros, who grew up in Greece but now resides in Stockholm.
- 3 3 ripe tomatoripe tomatoes
- ½ ½ cucumber
- ½ ½ red onionred onions
- ½ ½ green bell peppergreen bell peppers
- 7 oz. 200 g feta cheese
- 10 10 black greek olives
- 4 tablespoons 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ tablespoon ½ tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Cut the tomatoes and cucumber into bite-sized pieces. Thinly slice the bell pepper and the onion. Arrange on a serving platter or, if possible, plate the salad on individual salad plates.
- Add feta cheese and olives, and drizzle olive oil and vinegar over the salad.
- Season with salt and pepper according to taste. Sprinkle with crumbled oregano and serve.
Want a different look? Try cherry tomatoes as we did. Or swap the colors… yellow tomatoes with orange or red bell peppers is pretty. Or crumble the feta. Different presentations, but the same deliciousness.