Keto chicken fritters
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) , diced, diced
- 2 (2¾ oz.) 2 (80 g) celery stalkcelery stalks
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lb 450 g boneless chicken thighs, skinless
- 1 1 large egglarge eggs
- ½ cup (12⁄3 oz.) 120 ml (50 g) fine
- ½ cup 120 ml coconut oil or avocado oil, for frying
- Add the onion, celery, and seasonings to the bowl of your food processor. Mix until minced. Add the chicken thighs and the eggs and process until thick paste forms.
- Put the coconut flour on a large plate. Scoop about 1.5 tablespoons of chicken paste, shape into a ball, and put it on the coconut flour mound, then turn it over to bread it all over with coconut flour.
- Gently toss between your hands to shake off excess flour and place it on the rim of the plate. Repeat until the whole chicken paste is used and all the balls are breaded.
- Heat a large, 9" (23 cm) cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the oil and let it come to temperature. Insert a wooden spoon into the oil to make sure it is hot enough, the oil should sizzle.
- Add fritters to the hot oil in batches, make sure they are not touching so you will most likely need to fry them in batches. Fry for about 3 minutes on each side.
- When removing the fritters from the oil use a slotted spoon and place them on a plate lined with a paper towel. Repeat until all of the chicken paste is gone. When they are all ready, serve with dipping sauces and enjoy warm.
To reheat the chicken fritters, place on a sheet pan and bake for 10 minutes at 350°F (175°C).
If you don’t use coconut flour, you may use double the given amount of finely ground almond flour for breading.