Sweet and sticky keto chicken wings
- 2 lbs 900 g chicken wings
- ¼ cup 60 ml coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 450°F (225°C).
- Place the wings with the thicker skin-side up on a rimmed baking sheet with wire racks. (The wire rack helps promote even cooking).
- Bake the wings for 35 minutes.
- When the wings have about 12 minutes left to bake, start making the sauce.
- Heat a medium to a large skillet over medium heat, and add the coconut aminos, soy sauce, and seasoning.
- Once the sauce comes to a simmer, begin stirring. Continue to stir periodically, adjusting the heat as needed to maintain a gentle simmer.
- Once the sauce has thickened slightly—as you stir it, it should take a few seconds for the sauce to fill back behind your spoon or spatula—you can turn off the heat while the wings finish cooking.
- Place the wings in a large heatproof bowl and pour the sauce over them. Stir to evenly coat with the sauce, and serve.
Break out the grill! Use medium-low heat with periodic flipping to ensure even cooking. It should take about 30 minutes to cook the wings completely.
Recommended special equipment
Rimmed baking sheet with wire racks.