- 3 oz. 75 g cashew nuts
- ¼ cup 60 ml water
- ½ cup 125 ml light olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- 1 pinch 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Add the nuts to a blender or food processor along with the other sauce ingredients, except for the oil. Process until smooth.
- Add oil and puree a little more. If you want a lighter texture, add some more water or oil.
Need some inspiration for how to make the best use of the cashew sauce? Take a look at our Spicy fish with butter-fried tomatoes and be amazed!
You can store the cashew sauce up to 3-4 days in the refrigerator or freeze it for up to a couple of months.