Keto cheese chips
- 2 cups (8 oz.) 475 ml (230 g) shredded cheddar cheese or provolone cheese or edam cheese
- ½ tsp ½ tsp paprika powder
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Add shredded cheese in small heaps on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure to leave enough room in between them so they aren’t touching.
- Sprinkle paprika powder on top and bake in the oven for about 8–10 minutes, depending on how thick they are. Pay attention towards the end so that you don't burn the cheese, as burned cheese tends to have a bitter taste.
- Let cool on a cooling rack, and enjoy — great alone as a crunchy snack or perfect to serve with a dip.
These chips are best enjoyed straight away while they're fresh and crunchy. If you have some left and want to eat them later, we recommend placing them in an air-tight container and storing them in the fridge.
Feel free to use any cheese you like but preferably a kind that melts nicely and firms up when cooled. Mixing some parmesan in can be a good idea to achieve that.
For a dairy-free option, try making chips from zucchinis, a bit more time consuming but a really nice treat. If you want to make cheese chips with a twist, add some salami like in this recipe.
Instead of paprika powder you can use onion, garlic, chili powder or taco seasoning.
Speaking of tacos... you can use this recipe to make your own keto taco shells.
We suggest serving these chips with a nice dip such as guacamole, salsa dip or a classic ranch dip.
Start a free trial for further access to 100+ low-carb meal plans, the amazing meal planner tool and all low-carb cooking videos.Start free trial
Thanks for letting me know about this weekend but I will be there
Using a silicon mold, I can turn a 12-slice package of cheese into crisps within 10 minutes, and they are all consistent in size and texture. I do 3 slices of cheese per batch, at 2 minutes per batch. I have three different size molds, resulting in either 12 small crisps, 6 medium crisps, or 3 large crisps in a batch.
(2) Then I tried putting cheese directly on china plate and in the microwave for 2 minutes -> sticked right on the plate too.
(3) Finally, I ended up using actual non-bleached parchment paper, topped with cheese and spices, put it in microwave for 1:00 min -> came out nice and crispy (and very little dishes to do after)!
*Wonderful recipe for studying snacks for stressful exams periods! What a great idea!
*Ingredient used: Costco cheddar cheese shredded at home
Great suggestion! Here's the direct link.
This sounds delicious, thank you for sharing this tip!
Two cups of cheese by weight is 8 oz. I hope this helps!