Low-carb zucchini nacho chips
Dip. Crunch. Repeat. What's not to love about a crispy, seasoned chip that is finger-licking-good, whether served straight up or dunked into a dreamy mixture of salsa and sour cream? These are the perfect low-carb potato chip alternative for a casual, Tex-Mex-loving crowd.
- 1 1 large zucchini
- 1½ cups 350 ml coconut oil
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Tex-Mex seasoning
- Cut the zucchini crosswise into thin, round slices using a mandolin.
- Place slices in a colander in the sink and sprinkle with lots of salt. Let sit for 5 minutes, then press out water.
- Heat the oil in a fryer or skillet to 350°F (180°C).
- Drop the sliced zucchini into the hot oil, working in batches of about 20 chips at a time.
- Once the zucchini turns golden brown, remove from fryer and place onto a paper towel.
- Sprinkle with taco seasoning and enjoy!
Want more color? Make these with one zucchini and one yellow squash. If you can take a few more carbs, mix in some carrot slices, too!