Instant Pot seafood bisque
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp unsalted butter or coconut oil
- 1 1 leek, trimmed, halved lengthwise, and slicedleeks, trimmed, halved lengthwise, and sliced
- ¼ cup 60 ml red onion, dicedred onions, diced
- 1 1 celery stalk, dicedcelery stalks, diced
- 1 tsp 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp 1 tsp
- 8 oz. 225 g cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups 700 ml chicken broth
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp 1 tsp orange extract (optional)
- 12 oz. 350 g shrimp, precooked
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives, for garnish
- 3 oz. 75 g crumbled bacon, for garnish
- 1 tsp 1 tsp olive oil, for garnish
- Place the butter or coconut oil in a 6-quart Instant Pot and press Sauté. Once the fat is melted, add the leeks, onions, celery, thyme, and orange zest to the pot and cook for 4 minutes or until the onions are soft. Press Cancel to stop the Sauté.
- Use a whisk to add the cream cheese and stir to loosen or you will get clumps. Slowly whisk in the broth. Add the tomato paste, orange extract, shrimp, salt, and pepper.
- Seal the lid, press Pressure Cook or Manual, and set the timer for 2 minutes. Once finished, let the pressure release naturally.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish the bisque with chives and bacon. Drizzle with the olive oil.
Slow cooker method
Complete step 1 using a large skillet over medium-high heat to sauté. Transfer the mixture to a 6-quart slow cooker and proceed to step 2. Cover and cook on high for 40 minutes or on low for 2 hours.
Store and reheat
Store the bisque in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to a month.
To reheat the bisque, place in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until heated through.