Keto butter pecan cheesecake
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp salted butter, melted
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp pecans, finely crushed
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp powdered erythritol
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp butter
- 8 oz. 225 g cream cheese, softened
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp powdered erythritol
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk or heavy whipping cream
- 1 1 egg, beateneggs, beaten
- 1 tsp 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pecans, for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease a 4-inch (10 cm) springform pan with butter. Place melted butter, crushed pecans and confectioner's sweetener in a small bowl. Stir with a fork to combine well. Use your fingers to press mixture into the bottom of the springform pan.
- Place in oven to pre-bake for 6 minutes while you prepare the filling.
- Place the butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Stirring often, heat until the butter foams up and brown (but not black!) flecks appear. Remove from the heat and allow to cool a bit. This brown butter creates a caramel-like flavor to the cheesecake.
- Place softened cream cheese, confectioner's sweetener, almond milk or cream, egg and vanilla in a medium bowl. Use a hand mixer to combine well.
- Slowly add the browned butter and stir to combine. Pour mixture into pre-baked shell. Tent loosely with foil and bake for 30-35 minutes or until cheesecake is set and barely jiggles in the center.
- Remove from oven and allow to chill for 10 minutes then place in fridge to chill for at least 2 hours.
Storing the cheesecake
Store in airtight container for up to 5 days.