Keto tortilla pizza
- 2 2 large egglarge eggs
- 2 2 large, egg whitelarge, egg whites
- 6 oz. (¾ cup) 170 g (180 ml) cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp coconut flour
- ½ cup 120 ml unsweetened tomato sauce, divided
- 2 cups (8 oz.) 475 ml (220 g) shredded, mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp 2 tsp dried basil or dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Set aside (2) baking sheets, lined with parchment paper.
- Add the eggs and egg whites to a large mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer, whisk together for a few minutes until fluffy. Add the cream cheese, and whisk together until it becomes a smooth batter.
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, psyllium husk, and coconut flour. Add one spoonful of this mixture into the batter, whisk together, and repeat until combined. Let the batter sit for a few minutes, or until the batter has thickened (see tip).
- Use a spatula to spread the batter on the baking sheets, into 4-6 thin circles, or 2 thin rectangles (no more than ¼" or 5 mm thick).
- Bake on the middle and upper racks for about 15 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned. Remove from oven, and set aside.
- Increase the oven temperature to 450°F (225°C).
- Spread the tomato sauce onto each crust, top with the cheese, basil, or oregano, and return to middle and upper oven racks.
- Bake for about 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and golden. Set aside to cool for a few minutes, and then slice, and serve.
How long will it take for the batter to thicken?
This will depend on the brand of psyllium husk – some brands will thicken faster than others.
These little pizzas made with low-carb tortilla bread are perfect as a snack, or appetizer. If you’d love to make a pizza meal for the whole family, follow this recipe for a low-carb pizza.
Store bought tortillas are still wheat based and not a good option.
Generally, that is not a keto friendly option due to carb count and added sweeteners.
The nutrition information is per serving, and the default size for this recipe is 4 servings.
You are correct to add the cheese after the sauce. I let our recipe team know. Thanks!
Sheila, there are 372 calories per servings. Click the + next to Nutrition under the ingredient list to expand the Nutrition panel. The number of calories is below the macronutrients.
Just a heads up that most store-bought tortillas are made with ingredients we recommend avoiding. I recommend using this recipe to make your own. Here's our Ingredients to Avoid list that may be helpful for you! https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/ingredients-to-avoid
Yes, these would freeze well.
We have not tested chia seeds in place of the eggs in this recipe.
Please check your browser settings. The print button should open your browser's print dialogue.