Keto tortilla pizza
- 2 2 large egglarge eggs
- 2 2 large, egg whitelarge, egg whites
- 6 oz. (¾ cup) 170 g (180 ml) cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- ½ cup 120 ml unsweetened , divided
- 2 cups (8 oz.) 475 ml (220 g) shredded, mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp 2 tsp dried basil or dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Set aside (2) baking sheets, lined with parchment paper.
- Add the eggs and egg whites to a large mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer, whisk together for a few minutes until fluffy. Add the cream cheese, and whisk together until it becomes a smooth batter.
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, psyllium husk, and coconut flour. Add one spoonful of this mixture into the batter, whisk together, and repeat until combined. Let the batter sit for a few minutes, or until the batter has thickened (see tip).
- Use a spatula to spread the batter on the baking sheets, into 4-6 thin circles, or 2 thin rectangles (no more than ¼" or 5 mm thick).
- Bake on the middle and upper racks for about 15 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned. Remove from oven, and set aside.
- Increase the oven temperature to 450°F (225°C).
- Spread the tomato sauce onto each crust, top with the cheese, basil, or oregano, and return to middle and upper oven racks.
- Bake for about 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and golden. Set aside to cool for a few minutes, and then slice, and serve.
How long will it take for the batter to thicken?
This will depend on the brand of psyllium husk – some brands will thicken faster than others.