Keto bread twists
- ½ cup (2 oz.) 120 ml (55 g) almond flour
- ¼ cup (¾ oz.) 60 ml (25 g)
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1 egg, beateneggs, beaten
- 2 oz. 55 g butter
- 12⁄3 cups (6½ oz.) 400 ml (190 g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup (2 oz.) 60 ml (60 g) green pesto
- 1 1 egg, beaten, for brushing the topeggs, beaten, for brushing the top
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the egg and combine.
- Melt the butter and the cheese together in a pot on low heat. Stir until the batter is smooth.
- Slowly add the butter-cheese batter to the dry mixture bowl and mix together into a firm dough.
- Place the dough on parchment paper that is the size of a rectangular cookie sheet. Use a rolling pin and make a rectangle, about 1/5-inch (5 mm) thick.
- Spread pesto on top and cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) strips. Twist them and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush twists with the whisked egg.
- Bake in the oven for 15–20 minutes until they’re golden brown.