Keto bread twists
- ½ cup 125 ml (60 g) almond flour
- ¼ cup 60 ml (30 g)
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp (5 g) baking powder
- 6½ oz. 175 g (375 ml) shredded cheese, preferably mozzarella
- 2 oz. 50 g butter
- 1 1 egg, beateneggs, beaten
- ¼ cup 60 ml green pesto
- 1 1 egg, beaten, for brushing the top of the bread twistseggs, beaten, for brushing the top of the bread twists
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Melt the butter and the cheese together in a pot on low heat. Stir with a wooden fork until the batter is smooth. Crack the egg and stir well.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix together into a firm dough.
- Place the dough between two sheets of parchment paper. Use a rolling pin and make a rectangle, about 1/5 inch thick.
- Remove the upper piece of parchment paper. Spread pesto on top and cut into 1-inch strips. Twist them and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush twists with the whisked egg.
- Bake in the oven for 15–20 minutes until they’re golden brown.
Out of pesto? No problem. Sub in any of your favorite spices. Paprika powder, chili, curry, cumin or herbs like thyme, oregano and basil all work well.
For a little extra variety, try substituting a little parmesan for some of the mozzarella.