Salmon with cauliflower rice and spinach dip
Bring some excitement to your weeknight dinner with this easy keto dish. Baked salmon and cauliflower rice are given a lift with a creamy spinach dip. You'll want to make extra dip for your next meal — believe us when we say it goes with everything!
- 1 lb 450 g salmon, boneless fillet, cut into portion sizessalmon, boneless fillets, cut into portion sizes
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter melted or olive oil
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tsp 2 tsp finely chopped fresh or dried chives or fresh dill
- 1 oz. 28 g frozen spinach
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- ¼ cup (1½ oz.) 60 ml (45 g) Greek yogurt (0% fat)
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp ½ tsp onion powder or garlic powder
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 12 oz. 350 g cauliflower
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter
- salt to taste
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp turmeric (optional)
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place the salmon fillets in a baking dish. Mix the melted butter (or olive oil) with lemon juice. Pour over the salmon.
- Season with salt, ground black pepper, and any other seasoning of choice. Chives or dill go well with this dish.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the salmon flakes with a fork but is still moist inside.
- Thaw the frozen spinach and remove excess liquid by squeezing it over the sink. Chop finely.
- Mix yogurt, mayonnaise, parsley, and onion powder in a bowl. Add the spinach and combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside to let the flavors develop.
- Shred the cauliflower using a grater or grater attachment on a food processor. You can also chop it finely with a knife.
- Melt butter in a skillet. Add the cauliflower and cook over medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until the riced cauliflower has softened a bit.
- Add salt and the optional turmeric, or any other spices of preference, while frying.