Oh sweet, affordable cabbage! We love you almost as much as a cool breeze on a hot summer’s day! Minimal prep and so tasty. Low-carb and versatile. A healthy side that goes with almost anything. It’s a guaranteed slam dunk!
- 2 lbs 900 g green cabbage
- 51⁄3 oz. 150 g butter
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400–450°F (200–220°C).
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan over medium-low heat.
- Split the green cabbage into wedges and remove the thick stem in the middle. Cut slices—less than an inch thick—and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or in a large baking dish.
- Season with salt and pepper and pour the melted butter on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cabbage is roasted.
Try adding some diced onion or ground spices for extra flavor!