Oh sweet, affordable cabbage! We love you almost as much as a cool breeze on a hot summer’s day! Minimal prep and so tasty. Low carb and versatile. A healthy side that goes with almost anything. It’s a guaranteed slam dunk!
- 2 lbs 900 g green cabbage
- 2 oz. 55 g butter
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat or in the microwave.
- Split the green cabbage into wedges and remove the thick stem in the middle. Cut slices — less than an inch thick — and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or in a large baking dish.
- Season with salt and pepper and pour the melted butter on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cabbage is roasted.
Try adding some diced onion or ground spices for extra flavor!