- ½ lb 225 g green cabbage
- ½ ½ lemon, the juice
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup 125 ml mayonnaise
- 1 pinch 1 pinch fennel seeds (optional)
- 1 pinch 1 pinch pepper
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Remove the core and shred the cabbage using a food processor, mandolin or sharp cheese slicer.
- Place the cabbage in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add salt and lemon juice.
- Stir and let sit for 10 minutes to let the cabbage wilt slightly. Discard any excess liquid.
- Mix cabbage, mayonnaise and optional mustard.
- Season to taste.
Try the same recipe but with fennel or thin celery root rods that you first pre-cook in lightly salted water for a few minutes. Tastes great too!
The coleslaw keeps for 2-3 days if stored in the refrigerator.