- Remove the core and shred the cabbage using a food processor, mandolin or sharp cheese slicer.
- Place the cabbage in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add salt and lemon juice.
- Stir and let sit for 10 minutes to let the cabbage wilt slightly. Discard any excess liquid.
- Combine cabbage, mayonnaise and optional mustard.
- Season to taste.
Try the same recipe but with fennel or thin celery root matchsticks pre-cooked in lightly salted water for a few minutes. Tastes great too! The coleslaw keeps for 2-3 days if stored in the refrigerator.