Red curry cabbage and pork stir-fry
- 2 oz. 55 g butter or coconut oil, divided
- 1½ lbs 650 g , shredded
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 4 garlic clove, finely choppedgarlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) , finely chopped, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1½ lbs 650 g ground pork or ground turkey
- ½ cup (¼ oz.) 120 ml (8 g)
- Fry the cabbage in half of the butter in a large frying pan or wok on medium-high heat until softened, about 5-6 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, and turmeric. Add the vinegar. Sauté until fragrant. Place the cabbage in a bowl and reserve.
- Melt the rest of the butter in the same pan. Add garlic, ginger, onion, and red curry paste and fry for 1 minute. Add the ground meat, stirring and breaking apart, until the meat is cooked through, for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, and add the cabbage to the pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add more red curry paste if needed.
- For serving, garnish with cilantro.
To turn this into a lovely creamy curry, add 1/4 can of coconut cream per serving, in step 4.
To increase the protein, you could also serve this dish with a fried egg on top.
You can use ground turkey in place of pork if you prefer.
Feel free to use napa cabbage or white cabbage in place of green cabbage.
Recommended special equipment