Keto Cajun crab casserole
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) , finely chopped, finely chopped
- 5 oz. (1½ cups) 140 g (325 ml) celery stalk, finely choppedcelery stalks, finely chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup 240 ml mayonnaise
- 4 4 egg, lightly beateneggs, lightly beaten
- 1 lb 450 g canned crab meat, unsweetened, drained (see tip)
- 1½ cups (6 oz.) 350 ml (170 g) shredded, white cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp 2 tsp paprika powder
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 oz. (1½ cups) 85 g (350 ml) leafy greens
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9x12" baking dish.
- Fry chopped onion and celery in butter until translucent. Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate bowl, add mayonnaise, eggs, crab meat, seasonings, and ⅔ of the shredded cheese. Add the fried onion and celery. Stir to combine and season to taste.
- Add the mixture to the baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with salad and olive oil.
This casserole is easy to vary, by substituting the crab meat for canned tuna, or other cooked fish like mackerel or shrimp.
If you would like to make this dish even more gourmet, feel free to use parmesan cheese or gruyère for some extra wonderful layers of flavor.
You may like spinach, olives, sundried tomatoes - feel free to express your inner foodieness.