Cajun crab casserole
- 1 oz. 30 g butter, for frying
- 1 1 yellow onionyellow onions
- 51⁄3 oz. 150 g celery stalkcelery stalks
- 1¼ cups 300 ml mayonnaise
- 4 4 eggeggs
- 10 oz. 300 g (650 ml) shredded cheese
- 15 oz. 480 g canned crab meat (120 g/can, drained)
- 2 tsp 2 tsp paprika powder
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- 3 oz. 75 g leafy greens
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Chop onion and celery finely and fry in butter until translucent. Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate bowl, add mayonnaise, eggs, crab meat, seasonings and ⅔ of the shredded cheese. Add the fried onion and celery. Stir to combine and season to taste.
- Add the mix to a greased baking dish. Add remaining cheese on top and bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with salad and olive oil.
This casserole is easy to vary by substituting the crab meat for canned tuna or other cooked fish like mackerel or salmon.