Georgia’s shrimp with spaghetti squash
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter or bacon fat
- 8 oz. 230 g cooked spaghetti squash
- 8 oz. (3¼ cups) 230 g (800 ml) mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp yellow onion, choppedyellow onions, chopped
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp red chili pepperred chili peppers (optional)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp dried parsley
- 4 oz. 110 g avocado, choppedavocados, chopped
- ¼ cup 60 ml avocado oil
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 lbs 900 g shrimp, peeled and deveined and patted dry
- Melt the bacon fat in a large skillet. Add the vegetables, salt, red pepper and parsley.
- Sauté until the vegetables are tender and just beginning to brown, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Use a blender to combine the avocado, avocado oil and lemon juice until creamy. Set the sauce aside.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet with the vegetables, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the shrimps are bright pink and just cooked.
- Pour the creamy avocado sauce into the skillet. Stir to distribute the sauce.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley just before serving, if desired.
You may want to add garlic, red pepper flakes, asparagus spears, or other low-carb friendly spices and vegetables according to your own dietary needs and preferences. This recipe is also excellent with chicken instead of shrimp!
Dr. Ede is one of those amazing women who is as smart as she is warm, funny, and engaging. When I asked her to do a cooking video with me, she said, “I’d love to, but I’m not sure I’m the right person. I don’t do recipes.” She went on to explain that she has significant food sensitivities that restrict her diet significantly, but she agreed to send me a list of foods that were safe for her to eat.
When I received the one-page food list for Dr. Ede, I’ll admit that I was more than a little intimidated that I could develop a recipe that she could eat and enjoy. When we made the video and she tasted the dish for the first time, both of us nearly cried! She was thrilled that she could eat a recipe, and I was thrilled that she actually enjoyed it. We hope that you enjoy it too!
Our tech team is working to fix the printing issues.