Do you love flavorful and creamy soups? Do you love mussels? O.M.G., you’re going to LOVE this low-carb soup. It’s irresistible!
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter
- 51⁄3 oz. 150 g bacon or pancetta
- 2 2 garlic clove, finely choppedgarlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1 yellow onion, finely choppedyellow onions, finely chopped
- 8 oz. 225 g celery root, diced
- 1 cup 225 ml water
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 cups 475 ml heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 1 bay leafbay leaves
- 1 1 fish bouillon cubefish bouillon cubes
- 8 oz. 225 g canned mussels
- salt and pepper
- fresh thyme, for decoration (optional)
- Peel and finely chop garlic and onion. Peel and dice the root celery.
- Fry panchetta or bacon in butter until it's really crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan, but leave the fat.
- Sauté the vegetables in the same pan for a few minutes until golden. Add thyme and bay leaf.
- Add water, bouillon, heavy cream, vinegar and the mussel juice (optional). Bring to a boil, lower the heat and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pepper and salt to taste. Add the mussels and let simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve with finely chopped thyme/parsley and the fried bacon.
You can heat cold crispy pancetta or bacon in the microwave oven. Twenty seconds on high is usually enough.
Feel free to substitute frozen mussels for the canned.