Mediterranean tomato stew with calamari
- 3 3 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) red onionred onions
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 14 oz. (12⁄3 cups) 400 g (400 ml) canned whole tomatoes, peeled
- 2 (8 oz.) 2 (230 g) tomatotomatoes
- 1 lb 450 g squid, cleaned
- 1 tsp 1 tsp fresh parsley
- 1 tsp 1 tsp fresh dill
- ½ tsp ½ tsp fresh rosemary
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Mince the garlic and cut the onion into rings. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add the canned tomatoes. Fill the empty can with water and add it to the pan. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the fresh tomatoes into cubes. Slice the squid into rings. Add the squid and fresh tomatoes to the tomato sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes, or until the squid is cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
- Finely chop the herbs and add them to the soup right before serving.