Low carb Italian fish stew
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 (8 oz.) 2 (220 g) , finely chopped, finely chopped
- 4 4 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 1 pinch 1 pinch red pepper chili flakes
- 1 lb (2½ cups) 450 g (600 ml) tomato, dicedtomatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- 1 cup 240 ml clam juice
- 1½ lbs 650 g , about 1 ½ -inch thick, cut into 2 inch cubes, about 1 ½ -inch thick, cut into 2 inch cubes
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1 lemon, cut into wedgeslemons, cut into wedges
- In a medium pot over medium heat, combine the olive oil, onion, garlic and red pepper chili flakes. Cook for about 3-5 minutes, until the onion becomes soft.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, tomato paste and clam juice. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Lower heat to medium and simmer tomato base for about 10 minutes to reduce slightly.
- Add fish. Season stew with salt, basil, oregano, and parsley. Cover and cook about 5 minutes until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Divide evenly between bowls, garnish with more chopped parsley and lemon.