Grilled lobster tail with tarragon butter
- 3 oz. 75 g butter
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 2 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp ½ tsp tabasco
- sea salt and pepper
- 10 oz. 275 g green asparagus
- 1 tsp 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 lbs 1.8 kg lobster tail, tailslobsters, tails
- 1 oz. 30 g parmesan cheese or pecorino
- Stir together butter, tarragon, garlic and tabasco. Season with sea salt.
- Prepare and heat up the grill before cooking. You can also use a frying pan or the oven (440°F/225°C), preferably with the grilling function on.
- Rinse and clean the asparagus. Go for thick spears instead of skinny ones. Brush with oil, salt and pepper. Place on grill for a few minutes, until lightly charred. Use a gridiron for best results.
- Divide lobster tail lengthwise with a sharp knife. Remove intestines and stomach.
- Spread some tarragon butter on the lobster meat. Place lobster on grill flesh side down. Grill for 2-3 minutes if raw or 30 seconds if pre-cooked. It's ready when the lobster meat is white, grilling time depends on size and grill type.
- Serve with parmesan, a dollop of tarragon butter and asparagus.