Keto zucchini crab melts
- 4 oz. (32⁄3 cups) 110 g (850 ml) baby spinach
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (225°C). Slice the zucchini lengthwise, about half an inch (1 cm) thick. Scoop out a trench in the middle of the zucchini using a spoon to make room for the filling.
- Sprinkle the zucchini with salt. Let sit for 15-20 minutes to draw out some of the moisture.
- Pat dry with a piece of paper towel or a clean tea towel.
- While the zucchini is sitting, chop the bell pepper and celery finely. You can also use a food processor to chop vegetables if you wish.
- Place the zucchini slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush olive oil on both sides and par-bake for 7 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Mix the chopped vegetables with crab meat, mayo, dijon, and cheese. Make sure all of the moisture is squeezed out of the crab meat, otherwise it may be too loose. Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the mixture onto the zucchini slices. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Serve with baby spinach and a drizzle of olive oil.
This keto melt can be made with canned tuna, lobster, or even chicken or ham.