Keto zucchini crab melts
It's a cheesy, gooey crab melt, ketofyed! Whip up this easy keto crab melt on top of zucchini for a satisfying lunch or a light dinner. Great for meal prep, so go ahead and make a double batch.
- 2 (14 oz.) 2 (400 g) zucchini
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 oz. (¾ cup) 85 g (200 ml) celery stalkcelery stalks
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (120 g) red bell pepperred bell peppers
- 12 oz. 350 g canned crab meat
- ¾ cup 180 ml mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1¾ cups (7 oz.) 425 ml (200 g) shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- 4 oz. (32⁄3 cups) 110 g (850 ml) baby spinach
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (225°C). Slice the zucchini lengthwise, about half an inch (1 cm) thick. Scoop out a trench in the middle of the zucchini using a spoon to make room for the filling.
- Sprinkle the zucchini with salt. Let sit for 15-20 minutes to draw out some of the moisture.
- Pat dry with a piece of paper towel or a clean tea towel.
- While the zucchini is sitting, chop the bell pepper and celery finely. You can also use a food processor to chop vegetables if you wish.
- Place the zucchini slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush olive oil on both sides and par-bake for 7 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Mix the chopped vegetables with crab meat, mayo, dijon, and cheese. Make sure all of the moisture is squeezed out of the crab meat, otherwise it may be too loose. Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the mixture onto the zucchini slices. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Serve with baby spinach and a drizzle of olive oil.
This keto melt can be made with canned tuna, lobster, or even chicken or ham.
Thanks for sharing, Hazel!
Thanks for your feedback, Joycie! This filling is so yummy that I'm ok with a little falling over the sides :)
Just got the DR ok to diet and exercise.
I LOVE that the recipes are calculated for different serving amounts. I live alone and making a dish that serves 4 or 6o r 8 is just too much. Yes, its OK when a dish can be frozen for later. But some foods are not good freezer candidates. LIke shrimp dishes, or cream dishes.
I can not wait to try this recipe for crab stuffed zucchini. Ive had a can of crab meat for awhile and now i have something to make with it.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for having the serving size adjustments for your recipes.
Thank you for your feedback Darcy!