Keto smoked mussels casserole
- 1 lb 450 g cauliflower
- ½ ½ , finely chopped, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup 225 ml mayonnaise
- 1¾ cups 425 ml (200 g) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh chives (optional)
- 10 oz. 275 g smoked canned mussels
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups 1 liter (225 g) leafy greens
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut cauliflower into small florets and place in a pot. Add water to cover the florets. Add salt, and bring to a boil. Parboil the cauliflower for a couple of minutes.
- Drain the cauliflower and discard the water.
- Chop the onion finely. Place onion, mustard, mayonnaise, and ⅔ parts of the cheese in a bowl and mix.
- Add cauliflower and drained mussels to the mixture. Blend together and pour into a greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining grated cheese on top. Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
- Serve with lettuce and olive oil.
You can use shrimp, crab or any canned seafood of your liking as a substitute for mussels in this recipe. Canned tuna also works really well!