Navigating busy weeknights? Canned seafood to the rescue! Mix up some smoked mussels from your pantry with cheese and cauliflower, and have a satisfying keto dinner on the table in half an hour.
- 1 lb 450 g cauliflower
- ½ ½ yellow onion, finely choppedyellow onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup 225 ml mayonnaise
- 7 oz. 200 g shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons fresh chives (optional)
- 10 oz. 275 g canned mussels
- salt and pepper
- 4¼ oz. 120 g lettuce
- 4 tablespoons 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut cauliflower into small florets and place in a pot. Add water to cover the florets. Add salt, about 1 teaspoon, and bring to a boil. Parboil the cauliflower for a couple of minutes.
- Drain the cauliflower and discard the water.
- Chop the onion finely. Place onion, mustard, mayonnaise and ⅔ parts of the cheese in a bowl and mix.
- Add cauliflower and drained mussels to the mixture. Blend together and pour into a greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining grated cheese on top. Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
- Serve with lettuce and olive oil.
You can use shrimp, crab or any canned seafood of your liking as a substitute for mussels in this recipe. Canned tuna also works really well!