Keto lobster bisque
- 2 tsp 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 lbs 900 g lobster tail, tailslobster tails, tails
- 1½ oz. 45 g butter or ghee
- 1 cup 240 ml chopped leek, white and green partschopped leeks, white and green parts
- 1½ tsp 1½ tsp fresh thyme
- 1½ tsp 1½ tsp fresh tarragon
- 3 3 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- 8 oz. (1 cup) 230 g (240 ml) cream cheese
- 6 cups 1.4 liters chicken broth or fish broth
- ¾ cup 180 ml
- 1 1 lemonlemons or lime, cut into 8 wedgeslimes, cut into 8 wedges
- ground black pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp butter or olive oil, for drizzling (optional)
- Fill a large pot with ½ inch (1.5 cm) of water. Stir in 2 teaspoons salt and bring the water to a boil.
- Add the lobster tails, cover with a tight-fitting lid and return the water to a boil. Once boiling, lower the heat to a gentle boil and cook the lobsters until they are bright red, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the tails. When the lobsters have cooled slightly, place them in a bowl and remove the meat from the tail. Chop the meat and set aside.
- Heat a stockpot over medium-high heat with butter or ghee. Add the leeks, thyme and tarragon and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until the leeks are tender. Add the garlic to the pot and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the cream cheese, broth, tomato sauce, and ⅓ of the cooked lobster in a blender and purée until smooth. Add the purée to the pot and stir well. Simmer on medium-low for 5 minutes. Add the chopped lobster meat and stir well to combine.
- Squeeze one of the lime or lemon wedges into the pot. Taste the bisque and adjust the seasoning to your liking.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with the remaining lime or lemon wedges. Drizzle with melted butter, if desired.
Store extra soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Reheat the soup in a saucepan over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until it’s warmed to your liking.