Keto wraps with avocado and shrimp salad
Egg wraps without flour are like super-thin omelets and you can fill them with anything. Here we made it keto with homemade mayo, avocado, shrimp and a little touch of chili and cilantro.
- 2 (14 oz.) 2 (400 g) avocadoavocados
- 1 tsp 1 tsp lime juice
- 6 oz. 170 g shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 1 (1½ oz.) 1 (40 g) celery stalkcelery stalks
- 1 tsp 1 tsp sambal oelek or chili paste
- ¼ cup 60 ml mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise
- ¼ cup (1⁄8 oz.) 60 ml (4 g) fresh cilantro or fresh parsley
- 4 4 eggeggs
- 1 oz. 28 g butter or coconut oil
- salt and pepper
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Whisk the eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Bring out a medium-sized frying pan and let the butter melt slowly over medium-low heat.
- Add half of the batter and cook until the wrap has firmed up. Flip if you want, but this is not really necessary. The wraps are not supposed to brown, just firm up.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Split and scoop out the avocado. Dice the avocado into ½-inch cubes and place in a bowl, squeeze lime juice over them and stir.
- Slice the celery thinly. Add to the bowl with the avocado.
- Add mayonnaise, sambal oelek, and finely chopped cilantro.
- Mix well and stir in the cooked shrimp carefully. Salt and pepper to taste.
At the same time the DMtype2 problems are completely under control. Not one single hypoglycaemia nor hyperglycaemia happened during this period and my physicians and dietician remain speechless.
The polyneuropathy which came along with the diabetes however still persists and will never be cured, but that is something I have already accepted a long time ago.
A huge "thank you very much" and tons of respect go out to dr. Andreas Eenfeldt MD and his entire team for making this possible.
PS. I do not have any "before" and "after" pictures so you will have take my word for it.
Keep up the good work!
That may depend on how big you make the wraps. The recipe as written makes 2 servings.
We generally recommend avoiding "low net carbs" products as they are still wheat based. You can read more in the Foods to Avoid section on this page.
These tortillas are excellent and only 5g per tortilla.
Thank you for the feedback! We'll add it to the ingredients list.
Avocados have a lot of fiber. That is why there is a larger difference between the net and total carbs than is found in most of our recipes.