- 8 8 scallopscallops
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter
- 1 (1 oz.) 1 (30 g) shallot, finely choppedshallots, finely chopped
- ¼ cup 60 ml white wine
- 1 cup 240 ml
- ¼ cup 60 ml grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Chop the shallot finely and sauté in butter or oil until soft without letting it turn brown.
- Add wine and stir. Let simmer until most of the wine is gone.
- Pour in the cream and bring to a boil for a couple of minutes.
- Stir in parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat.
- In a hot pan, brown the scallops for no more than 30 seconds on each side until nicely browned.
- Finish them off in the oven using the broil function for a few minutes at 450°F (225°C), or until the sauce has turned golden brown.
Make sure the scallops are dry before broiling, let sit on a paper towel to dry off. Pair these with different types of dry wine, to accentuate the delicate flavors.