Low-carb shrimp cheesecake
- 2 oz. 50 g butter
- 1 1 eggeggs
- ½ cup 125 ml (75 g) sesame seeds
- ½ cup 125 ml (100 g) flaxseed
- ¼ cup 60 ml (35 g) pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup 60 ml (35 g) sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp (8 g) ground psyllium husk powder
- 1 pinch 1 pinch salt
- 4 4 gelatin sheetgelatin sheets
- ¾ lb 325 g shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 7 oz. 200 g cream cheese
- 1¼ cups 300 ml sour cream or crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 oz. 50 g fish roe, for garnishing
- limelimes or lemon, for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Melt the butter and combine with the rest of the ingredients for the crust. Mix in a food processor for 30-60 seconds until get a nice dough.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on the bottom of a springform pan — max. 9.5-inch / 24 cm in diameter. Press the dough in an even layer into the pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Soak the gelatin sheets in cold water for 5-10 minutes. Chop the prawns roughly, keep a few pieces intact for garnishing if you like.
- In a bowl, mix cream cheese and sour cream. Add dill, chives and some citrus zest if you like, for an extra fresh taste. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the gelatin sheets from the water. Melt them gently in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir the gelatin into the cream cheese mixture.
- Add the shrimps and combine. Spread the mixture over the pie crust. Let it set in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Garnish with thinly sliced lemon and/or lime, roe and chives or dill.
Freshly grated horseradish or a pinch of cayenne pepper also works great as a flavor enhancer in the shrimp cheesecake.
You can also use flavored cream cheese with herbs or pink pepper.