Buttery harissa shrimp skewers
- 1 lb 450 g large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp harissa paste
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 2 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 1 1 lime in wedges, for servinglimes in wedges, for serving
- 4 4 skewer (metal or wooden)skewers (metal or wooden)
- Season the shrimp generously with salt and pepper and set aside.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the butter, harissa, lime juice, salt, and garlic. Whisk to combine.
- Add the shrimp to the mixing bowl and toss to coat in the sauce. Marinate for 60 minutes.
- Thread the shrimp onto the skewers and pour any remaining marinade over top.
- Heat a large grill pan over medium high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the skewers to the pan and cook, rotating halfway through, until the shrimp are cooked all the way through, about 5 minutes.
- Serve with lime wedges.
Air fryer method
NOTE: If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 15-20 minutes. Make sure they will fit in the air fryer. Alternatively, you can fry the shrimp straight in the basket and serve them with toothpicks.
Preheat the air fryer to 350°F (180°C).
Proceed with steps 1-4 of the recipe. Place the shrimp in the air fryer basket and fry for 5-8 minutes, checking after 5 minutes. Serve with lime wedges.
Great! So glad you love it!
Yes, so easy! So glad you enjoyed them!