Keto turkey with cream cheese sauce
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter, divided
- 1½ lbs 650 g turkey breast tenderloin
- 1 cup 240 ml
- 6 oz. (¾ cup) 170 g (180 ml) cream cheese
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- salt and pepper, for seasoning
- 1½ oz. 45 g small capers (non-pareil), strained
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Over medium heat, melt one-third of the butter in a large oven-proof frying pan. Generously season the turkey tenderloin with salt and pepper, and then fry for about 8-10 minutes, until golden brown on all sides.
- Carefully move the hot pan with tenderloin, onto the middle oven rack. Roast uncovered for about 10 minutes, or until the tenderloin reaches an internal temperature of at least 165°F (74°C). Place on a serving dish and tent with foil.
- Add another third of the butter, along with any turkey drippings into a small saucepan. Over medium heat, stir until the butter has melted. Add the cream and cream cheese. Stir together and bring to a light boil. Lower the heat and simmer uncovered, until thickened. Stir in the soy sauce, season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Melt the remaining butter in a small frying pan, over medium-high heat. Quickly sauté the capers until crispy.
- Slice the turkey into 1/2" (15 cm) slices. Place on a serving platter, and top with the creamy cream cheese sauce and fried capers.