Keto turkey with cream-cheese sauce
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter, divided
- 1½ lbs 650 g turkey breast tenderloin
- 1 cup 240 ml
- 6 oz. (¾ cup) 170 g (180 ml) cream cheese
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- salt and pepper, for seasoning
- 1½ oz. 45 g small capers (non-pareil), strained
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Over medium heat, melt one-third of the butter in a large oven-proof frying pan. Generously season the turkey tenderloin with salt and pepper, and then fry for about 8-10 minutes, until golden brown on all sides.
- Carefully move the hot pan with tenderloin, onto the middle oven rack. Roast uncovered for about 10 minutes, or until the tenderloin reaches an internal temperature of at least 165°F (74°C). Place on a serving dish and tent with foil.
- Add another third of the butter, along with any turkey drippings into a small saucepan. Over medium heat, stir until the butter has melted. Add the cream and cream cheese. Stir together and bring to a light boil. Lower the heat and simmer uncovered, until thickened. Stir in the soy sauce, season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Melt the remaining butter in a small frying pan, over medium-high heat. Quickly sauté the capers until crispy.
- Slice the turkey into 1/2" (15 cm) slices. Place on a serving platter, and top with the creamy cream cheese sauce and fried capers.
Don’t forget your side dishes! Steamed broccoli or cauliflower mash perfectly complements the rich flavors of this dish. And have fun with this supremely versatile cream cheese sauce. It can be adapted to any kind of boneless or bone-in meat you like. Fillets or chops. Beef or pork. Lamb or chicken. Just remember to keep the skin or fat on when possible, as this really enhances the flavor and fat content.
Let your imagination run wild. There are so many flavor combinations to try: Tapenade, pimientos, tomato paste, parmesan cheese, fresh herbs, fried onion, garlic, curry paste, and lemon all work beautifully with this recipe.