This keto meal’s elegance begins with its simplicity. Briny capers combined with turkey and cheese all bring their own flavors to the party. Use this is a base to create dozens of different variations – all of them succulent and satisfying!
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons butter
- 11⁄3 lbs 600 g turkey breast
- 2 cups 475 ml crème fraîche or heavy whipping cream
- 7 oz. 200 g cream cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup 75 ml small capers
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Melt half of the butter over medium heat, in a large oven-proof frying pan. Season the turkey generously and fry until golden brown all around.
- Finish off the turkey breasts in the oven. When turkey is cooked through and has an internal temperature of at least 165°F (74°C), place on a plate, and tent with foil.
- Pour turkey drippings into a small saucepan. Add sour cream or heavy cream, and cream cheese. Stir and bring to a light boil. Lower the heat and let simmer until thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Japanese gluten-free tamari can also be used to add more color and flavor.
- Heat remaining butter in a medium frying pan over high heat. Quickly sauté the capers until crispy.
- Serve turkey with sauce and fried capers.