Avocado soup with shrimp and garlic chips
- 4 (1¾ lbs) 4 (800 g) ripe avocadoripe avocados
- 2 cups 475 ml
- ½ cup (¼ oz.) 120 ml (8 g)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp fresh ginger
- ½ ½ red chili pepper, seeds removedred chili peppers, seeds removed
- 1 tsp 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp lime juice
- salt or fish sauce to taste
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 5 5 garlic clove, thinly slicedgarlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 lb 450 g shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a food processor add avocado, coconut milk, cilantro, ginger, chili, sesame oil, and lime juice. Blend until smooth. You could also use an immersion blender.
- Add the avocado mixture to a sauce-pan on medium heat. Season with salt or fish sauce, and some more lime juice if you like. Combine well and keep simmering for a few more minutes.
- Add half of the coconut oil to a large hot frying pan. Add the garlic slices. Fry until the garlic is starting to get some color. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining half of coconut oil. Fry the shrimp until pink and cooked through. Season with salt to taste.
- Serve and garnish the soup with shrimp and the fried garlic chips.