Seafood salad with avocado
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp lime juice
- ½ cup 120 ml mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup 80 ml
- 1 1 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup (1½ oz.) 60 ml (40 g) red onion, finely mincedred onions, finely minced
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp white pepper
- 1 lb 450 g shrimp, cooked, chopped
- 1 lb 450 g cooked salmon, boneless fillet, bite-sized piecescooked salmon, boneless fillets, bite-sized pieces
- 2½ oz. (61⁄3 tbsp) 70 g (90 ml) tomato, choppedtomatoes, chopped (optional)
- 1½ oz. 45 g cucumber, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 (7 oz.) 1 (200 g) avocado, choppedavocados, chopped
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh basil, roughly sliced
- In a mixing bowl, combine lime juice, mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic, salt, pepper and onion. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, toss together salmon, shrimp, avocado, cucumber and tomato.
- Pour mayonnaise dressing over the seafood and vegetables and toss gently to combine.
- Let chill 20-30 minutes before serving.
In the video, we cooked fresh salmon and shrimp to use in this recipe. You can also use drained, canned salmon and precooked shrimp to make this recipe more quickly.