Seafood salad with avocado
A fresh and tasty seafood salad with shrimp and salmon that are excellent sources of protein. When avocado, mayonnaise and sour cream are added, the combination of healthy fats make this an excellent keto meal. If you're dairy-free, omit the sour cream and add a bit more mayo.
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp lime juice
- ½ cup 120 ml mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup 80 ml sour cream
- 1 1 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup (1½ oz.) 60 ml (40 g) red onion, finely mincedred onions, finely minced
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp white pepper
- 1 lb 450 g shrimp, cooked, chopped
- 1 lb 450 g cooked salmon, boneless fillet, bite-sized piecescooked salmon, boneless fillets, bite-sized pieces
- 2½ oz. (61⁄3 tbsp) 70 g (90 ml) tomato, choppedtomatoes, chopped (optional)
- 1½ oz. 45 g cucumber, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 (7 oz.) 1 (200 g) avocado, choppedavocados, chopped
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh basil, roughly sliced
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- In a mixing bowl, combine lime juice, mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic, salt, pepper and onion. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, toss together salmon, shrimp, avocado, cucumber and tomato.
- Pour mayonnaise dressing over the seafood and vegetables and toss gently to combine.
- Let chill 20-30 minutes before serving.
In the video, we cooked fresh salmon and shrimp to use in this recipe. You can also use drained, canned salmon and precooked shrimp to make this recipe more quickly.
Yes, canned salmon should work well for this dish.
Smoked salmon would give a very different taste and texture. We have not tested this recipe with that substitution.
The recipe has been updated with new measurements.
Thanks so much for your feedback. We've listened, re-tested this recipe, and improved it. We hope once you try it again yourself, you'll notice the difference — and love it as much as we do.
/The recipe team
P.S. To keep the comments section up-to-date, we've gone ahead and removed any comments regarding the now-resolved issues. Thanks!
Yes. You can make the full batch and save the leftovers for future days as well. You can also use the drop down menu above the list of ingredients to choose to make fewer or more servings.