Keto crab meat and egg plate
Real, simple food on your very own personal platter! Crab meat. Eggs. Cottage cheese and mayo. Spinach and avocado. Because a keto dinner doesn't have to be complicated.
- 4 4 eggeggs
- 12 oz. 350 g canned crab meat
- 2 (14 oz.) 2 (400 g) avocadoavocados
- ½ cup (32⁄3 oz.) 120 ml (110 g) cottage cheese
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 cups (2 oz.) 475 ml (60 g) baby spinach
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp ½ tsp chili flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Begin by cooking the eggs. Lower them carefully into boiling water and boil for 4-8 minutes depending on whether you like them soft or hard-boiled.
- Cool the eggs in ice-cold water for 1-2 minutes when they're done; this will make them easier to peel. Peel when cool enough to handle.
- Place eggs, crab meat, avocado, cottage cheese, mayonnaise, and spinach on a plate.
- Drizzle olive oil over the spinach. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle optional chili flakes on the avocado and serve.
For something different, mix equal parts mayo and sour cream together and mix with the crab meat. Plate the rest of the food and enjoy!
If you like spice, add up to a teaspoon of sriracha, or your favorite hot sauce, to the mayo.
It may be better to substitute the crab with shrimp or even chicken as it's the main source of protein in this dish.