Low-carb fried kale and broccoli salad
- ½ cup 120 ml mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp whole-grain mustard
- 4 4 eggeggs
- 2 (14 oz.) 2 (400 g) avocado, in slicesavocados, in slices
- 2 2 garlic clove, thinly slicedgarlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 8 oz. 230 g broccoli, chopped
- 4 oz. 110 g kale, chopped
- 2 (1 oz.) 2 (30 g) , chopped, chopped
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch 1 pinch chili flakes
- salt or pepper to taste
- Mix mayo and mustard in a small bowl and set aside.
- Boil the eggs any way you like them – soft, medium or hard-boiled. Immediately, place them in ice-cold water when they're done to make them easier to peel. When cooled - divide into halves or quarters.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and carefully fry the garlic slices. Remove the garlic from the pan and place on a paper towel to crisp up. Save the oil in the pan.
- Add a knob of butter to the garlic-infused oil in the pan and fry the broccoli, kale, and scallions for a couple of minutes on medium-high heat until slightly softened.
- Season with salt and pepper and plate with avocado, eggs, and the mustard mayo. Finish the dish with fried garlic slices for extra flavor and crunch.
Baby kale or spinach makes the greens extra tender; buy them pre-washed to save on prep-time.