Vegetarian keto breakfast casserole
Vegetarian breakfast made easy. Cook up this keto casserole on Sunday and you're all set for breakfast for the coming week. Easy, protein packed, and durable enough to eat on-the-go. Did we mention olives and tomatoes?
- ½ (1½ oz.) ½ (45 g) leekleeks
- 2 oz. 55 g green olives
- 12 12 eggeggs
- 1 cup 240 ml
- 1¾ cups (7 oz.) 425 ml (200 g) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp 1 tsp onion powder
- 3 oz. 85 g cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup (2⁄3 oz.) 60 ml (20 g) shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Rinse, trim and thinly slice the leek. Add to a greased baking dish along with pitted olives.
- Add eggs, cream, the larger quantity of shredded cheese, and onion powder to a medium-sized bowl. Whisk to combine and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the olives and leeks. Add tomatoes and parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 30–40 minutes or until golden brown on top and set in the middle. Cover with a piece of aluminum foil if the casserole is getting too brown around the edges before it's cooked through.
Feel free to experiment by adding different kinds of vegetables, herbs and seasonings. You may need to sauté harder veggies like broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage a few minutes before adding them to the dish.