- 4 4 eggeggs
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄6 oz. 30 g smoked deli ham
- 2 oz. 60 g cheddar cheese or provolone cheese or edam cheese, cut in thick slices
- salt and pepper
- a few drops of tabasco or Worcestershire sauce
- Fry the eggs over easy (on both sides) on medium heat. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Use a fried egg as a base for each 'sandwich.' Place the ham/pastrami/cold cuts on each stack next, and then add the cheese. Top off each stack with a fried egg.
- Sprinkle a few drops of Tabasco or Worcestershire sauce if you’re in the mood, and serve immediately.
Unsweetened French Dijon mustard is a perfect match with the ham. Plus, you can replace the ham with crispy-fried bacon or skip the meat altogether. This sandwich is great paired with a green salad or diced avocado!
If you STILL can’t imagine sandwiches without bread, we suggest you make a batch of Oopsies and keep them in the freezer. They don’t take long to thaw. If you add an Oopsie to the sandwich, you’ll have a very filling meal, indeed!