No-bread keto breakfast sandwich
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter
- 4 4 large egglarge eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1 oz. 28 g smoked deli ham
- 2 oz. (½ cup) 55 g (120 ml) cheddar cheese or provolone cheese or edam cheese, cut in thick slices
- a few drops of tabasco or Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- Add butter to a large frying pan and melt it over medium heat. Add the eggs and fry them over easy, on both sides. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Use two fried eggs as the 'bread' for each sandwich. Place the ham/pastrami/cold cuts on one fried egg, and then add the cheese. Top off each stack with the second fried egg. Leave in the pan, on low heat, if you want the cheese to melt.
- Sprinkle a few drops of Tabasco or Worcestershire sauce if you want, and serve immediately.
Unsweetened French Dijon mustard is a perfect match with the ham.
You can replace the ham with crispy-fried bacon or skip the meat altogether.
This sandwich is great paired with a green salad or diced avocado!
If you STILL can’t imagine sandwiches without bread, we suggest you make a batch of Oopsies and keep them in the freezer. They don’t take long to thaw. If you add an Oopsie to the sandwich, you’ll have a very filling meal, indeed!
If you choose "Ketogenic Low Carb" then it should not be a problem.
Ham is 1/2 ounce, approx 15 gram per serving.
Great idea, thanks for the suggestion!
Each serving is a sandwich, so this recipe makes 2 sandwiches. If you'd prefer to just make one, you can adjust the serving size to 1, and the ingredients will adjust accordingly.
1 serving = 1 meal for 1 person.
I am able to add this to my meal plan without problem. When I searched for the recipe, I did not include the hyphen from no-bread. If you can't find it without typing the hyphen, please email email@example.com and let us know - please also let us know if you're using the website or one of the apps.
I made 1 serving it was perfect and delicious 😋 but I would like to track calories and carbs!!
Hi, Fatima! The nutritional values listed are per serving.
Sounds great! Spinach and avocado would be yummy additions!