Keto mushroom and cheese frittata
- ¼ cup 60 ml
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 lb (6½ cups) 450 g (1.5 liters) mushrooms, sliced
- 2 oz. 55 g butter
- 31⁄5 oz. (1 cup) 90 g (210 ml)
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 10 10 eggeggs
- 2 cups (8 oz.) 475 ml (230 g) shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup 120 ml mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter for greasing
- 4 oz. (2 cups) 110 g (475 ml) leafy greens
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C), grease a baking dish 8 x 8" (20 x 20 cm).
- Whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients, and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized pan, over medium-high heat. Sauté the mushrooms for about 15 minutes, or until golden. Reduce heat to medium-low and add the scallions, salt, pepper, and parsley, stirring for a few minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the eggs, mayonnaise, and cheese. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the mushroom mixture in the baking dish, and pour the eggs on top. Bake for about 40 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked through and the frittata is golden.
- Cool for 5 minutes and serve with leafy greens and the vinaigrette.
Be sure to choose your cheese carefully! Select a cheese that has a superior melting quality like cheddar, fontina, or gruyere.