Keto mushroom and cheese frittata
- 1 lb 450 g mushrooms
- 4 oz. 110 g butter
- 6 6 scallionscallions
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 10 10 eggeggs
- 8 oz. 225 g shredded cheese
- 1 cup 225 ml mayonnaise
- 4 oz. 110 g leafy greens
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). First, prepare the vinaigrette and set aside.
- Slice the mushrooms anyway you like, small or big—whatever your preference.
- Sauté the mushrooms on medium high with most of the butter until golden. Lower the heat. Save some of the butter for greasing the baking dish.
- Chop the scallions and mix with the fried mushrooms. Add salt and pepper to taste, and mix in the parsley.
- Mix eggs, mayonnaise and cheese in a separate bowl. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the mushrooms and scallions and pour everything into a well-greased baking dish. Bake for 30–40 minutes or until the frittata turns golden and the eggs are cooked.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and serve with leafy greens and the vinaigrette.
Be sure to choose your cheese carefully! Select a cheese that has superior melting quality like cheddar, fontina or gruyere!