Keto mushroom and cheese frittata
Known as “Italy’s open faced omelet,” frittatas are easy to make and so versatile, you can enjoy them at any meal! Fresh mushrooms and creamy cheese—bellissimo! The perfect complement to the eggs in this scrumptious keto classic. Buon appetite!
- ¼ cup 60 ml light olive oil
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 lb (6½ cups) 450 g (1.5 liters) mushrooms, sliced
- 2 oz. 55 g butter
- 31⁄5 oz. (1 cup) 90 g (210 ml) scallionscallions
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 10 10 eggeggs
- 2 cups (8 oz.) 475 ml (230 g) shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup 120 ml mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter for greasing
- 4 oz. (2 cups) 110 g (475 ml) leafy greens
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C), grease a baking dish 8 x 8" (20 x 20 cm).
- Whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients, and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized pan, over medium-high heat. Sauté the mushrooms for about 15 minutes, or until golden. Reduce heat to medium-low and add the scallions, salt, pepper, and parsley, stirring for a few minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the eggs, mayonnaise, and cheese. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the mushroom mixture in the baking dish, and pour the eggs on top. Bake for about 40 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked through and the frittata is golden.
- Cool for 5 minutes and serve with leafy greens and the vinaigrette.
Be sure to choose your cheese carefully! Select a cheese that has a superior melting quality like cheddar, fontina, or gruyere.
1 dl = 100ml, so 2 2/5 dl = 240ml.
Sorry about the confusion!
This is being actively developed right now with a number of exciting things coming soon for recipes. But unfortunately these changes might also result in less than optimal measurement choices while we tune it!
how is that going to make me lose weight?
Hi there !
I am new on this program , am I must say that is working for the moment.
186cm, 86kg fit really thanks to those guys
I got a 1/2 thyroid gland, and on no medecin and I've always been told to stay away from dairy but on the woe it is encouraged, am I right or wrong?
Anyway I know ultimately it’s whatever works best for me individually. I’m confused on why the “serving” aren’t specified in the size.
Out of all the Keto “experts” I’ve viewed or read not ONE seems to agree or specify just how much in one meal should be eaten! It’s always what and when never how much!
If you make the default 4 servings, an 8x8 pan or smaller would be a good option.
Different people have different hunger levels. If you are full before eating an entire serving, that's OK! It's great to learn to listen to your hunger cues.
Can you store this in the fridge or freezer?
Yes! This will keep in the fridge for about 3 days and in the freezer for about a month. Frittatas are excellent make ahead meals.
Thanks for sharing your ideas for this one!
That sentence is referring to this recipe! The word "keto" is linked to our keto beginner's guide in case someone needs more info.