- 3 3 eggeggs
- 4¼ oz. 120 g cream cheese
- 1 pinch 1 pinch salt
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp (4 g) ground psyllium husk powder
- ½ tsp ½ tsp (2.5 g) baking powder
- Separate the eggs, with the egg whites in one bowl and the egg yolks in another.
- Whip egg whites together with salt until very stiff. You should be able to turn the bowl over without the egg whites moving.
- Mix the egg yolks and the cream cheese well. If you want, add the psyllium seed husk and baking powder (this makes the Oopsie more bread-like).
- Gently fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mix – try to keep the air in the egg whites.
- Put 6 large or 8 smaller oopsies on a paper-lined baking tray.
- Bake in the middle of the oven at 300° F (150° C) for about 25 minutes – until they turn golden.
You can have an Oopsie as a sandwich or use it as a bun for a hotdog or hamburger. You can also put different kinds of seeds on them before baking them, for instance poppy, sesame or sunflower seeds. One big Oopsie can be used to make a swiss roll: Add a generous layer of whipped cream and some berries. Enjoy.