Low-carb holiday bread
- 2 cups 480 ml (250 g) almond flour
- ½ cup 120 ml (60 g)
- 51⁄3 tbsp 80 ml (50 g) sesame seeds
- 51⁄3 tbsp 80 ml (50 g) flaxseed
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp (30 g) ground psyllium husk powder
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp (15 g) baking powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp holiday bread seasoning, recipe below
- 6 6 eggeggs
- 1 cup 240 ml sour cream
- 3 oz. 90 g cream cheese
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp ground cloves
- 1½ tbsp 1½ tbsp ground bitter orange peel
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 2 tsp 2 tsp anise seeds
- 2 tsp 2 tsp ground cardamom (green)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F (200 C). Mix all dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Mix eggs, sour cream and cream cheese in a separate large bowl.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet, and stir until smooth.
- Pour the mixture in a well-greased and paper-lined loaf pan. Bake in the lower part of the oven for about 60 minutes.
- A skewer poked in the middle of the bread should come out clean when it’s done. Take the bread out of the oven, and remove it from the pan and place on a rack to cool completely. (If you leave the bread in the loaf pan, it might soften.)
- Serve it with butter and your favorite festive toppings.
This bread tastes its best fresh or toasted. Slice the bread you don't finish the same day as baking it, and keep in the fridge for 2-3 days or in the freezer where it keeps for about a month. It’s also incredibly delicious with a smear of cream cheese!