Low carb holiday bread with orange
- 2 cups (8 oz.) 475 ml (230 g) almond flour
- ½ cup (12⁄3 oz.) 120 ml (50 g)
- 1⁄3 cup (12⁄3 oz.) 80 ml (50 g) sesame seeds
- 1⁄3 cup (2 oz.) 80 ml (55 g) flaxseed
- ¼ cup (11⁄3 oz.) 60 ml (40 g) ground psyllium husk powder
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¾ tbsp ¾ tbsp ground cloves
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp ground bitter orange peel
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp 1 tsp anise seeds
- 1 tsp 1 tsp ground cardamom (green)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- 6 6 eggeggs
- 1 cup 240 ml
- 3 oz. (6 tbsp) 85 g (90 ml) cream cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Mix all dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Mix eggs, sour cream, and cream cheese in a separate large bowl.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet and stir until smooth.
- Pour the mixture in a well-greased and paper-lined loaf pan about 9 x 5" (23 x 13 cm). Bake in the lower part of the oven for about 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Take the bread out of the oven, and remove it from the pan, and place on a rack to cool completely.
- Serve the bread with butter and your favorite festive toppings.
This bread tastes best fresh or toasted. Slice the bread you don't finish the same day as baking it and keep in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer where it keeps for at least a month.