Creamy keto shrimp tacos
Why should taco fillings have all the fun? In this recipe, the cheesy taco shells share the starring role with shrimp in a luscious cream sauce.
- 2 cups (8 oz.) 475 ml (230 g) cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground cumin
Creamy shrimp filling
- 2⁄3 lb 300 g peeled shrimp
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 2 garlic clove, finely choppedgarlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1 red chili pepper, deseeded and finely choppedred chili peppers, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup 240 ml mayonnaise
- ½ ½ lime, the juicelimes, the juice
- ¼ cup (1⁄8 oz.) 60 ml (4 g) fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 (7 oz.) 1 (200 g) avocado, dicedavocados, diced
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) tomato, finely choppedtomatoes, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Mix cheese and cumin. Form six or eight piles on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Leave plenty of room in between piles, or the cheese might melt together.
- Bake in the oven for 10–15 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling with golden brown patches – burned cheese doesn’t taste good. Let cool for 30 seconds.
- Place a rack over the sink.
- Carefully, place the cheese rounds on the rack.
- Let cool and serve with a filling of your choice.
Creamy shrimp filling
- Sauté the shrimp in a hot pan with coconut oil, garlic and chili until the shrimp have turned a nice pink color.
- Salt to taste. Set aside and let cool.
- Mix all other ingredients and add fried shrimp. Mix well and add to the taco shells.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately!
Feel free to substitute sour cream for the mayonnaise.
I would also agree with Sarah #4 re: the quantity of mayo.
Otherwise great idea and recipe. :)
Sorry but we don't want to promote to much "counting" that's why we only have the carbs in gram.
But If you need that information then use the formula below to calculate, a bit complicated though. ;-)
(%PROTEIN / %CARB) * gram_CARB = gram_PROTEIN
(%FAT / %CARB) * 4/9 * gram_CARB = gram_FAT
gram_CARB * 4 + gram_PROTEIN*4 + gram_FAT*9 = CALORIES
That sounds like a great choice. I hope you enjoyed them.
This isn't one of our DD videos, but will walk you through the steps. Also, I think this is what we are going to have for dinner tonight!
Just a word of caution regarding the Siete taco shells. While they are grain free, they are a bit too high in carbs for keto. We also caution against cassava. Check out our Ingredients to Avoid list! It's quite helpful whe reading labels. https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/ingredients-to-avoid