Creamy keto shrimp tacos
- 2 cups (8 oz.) 475 ml (230 g) cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground cumin
- 2⁄3 lb 300 g peeled shrimp
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 2 garlic clove, finely choppedgarlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1 red chili pepper, deseeded and finely choppedred chili peppers, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup 240 ml mayonnaise
- ½ ½ lime, the juicelimes, the juice
- ¼ cup (1⁄8 oz.) 60 ml (4 g) , chopped
- 1 (7 oz.) 1 (200 g) avocado, dicedavocados, diced
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) tomato, finely choppedtomatoes, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Mix cheese and cumin. Form six or eight piles on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Leave plenty of room in between piles, or the cheese might melt together.
- Bake in the oven for 10–15 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling with golden brown patches – burned cheese doesn’t taste good. Let cool for 30 seconds.
- Place a rack over the sink.
- Carefully, place the cheese rounds on the rack.
- Let cool and serve with a filling of your choice.
Creamy shrimp filling
- Sauté the shrimp in a hot pan with coconut oil, garlic and chili until the shrimp have turned a nice pink color.
- Salt to taste. Set aside and let cool.
- Mix all other ingredients and add fried shrimp. Mix well and add to the taco shells.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately!
Feel free to substitute sour cream for the mayonnaise.