Turkish baked shrimp with sesame bread
- 4 4 eggeggs
- 7 oz. 200 g cream cheese
- ¼ cup 60 ml sesame oil or olive oil
- 1 cup (4 oz.) 240 ml (110 g) almond flour
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 8 (5 oz.) 8 (140 g) cherry tomatoes
- 1 (5 oz.) 1 (140 g)
- 2 2 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- ¼ cup 60 ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1½ lbs 650 g shrimp
- 7 oz. 200 g feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Beat eggs until fluffy. Add cream cheese and oil and mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients except the sesame seeds.
- Spread out the dough on a baking sheet (9" x 13" or 20 x 30 cm) greased with butter or lined with parchment paper.
- Let sit for 5 minutes. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds and a touch of sea salt. Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown on top, and not doughy in the middle.
Turkish baked shrimp
- Keep the oven going at 400°F (200°C).
- Finely chop tomatoes, green bell peppers and garlic and sauté in olive oil.
- Add tomato paste and a few tablespoons of water and let simmer for a few minutes.
- Add dill, salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- If you're using raw shrimp, fry them in oil for a couple of minutes on each side. Otherwise put directly in a baking dish and cover with the tomato sauce.
- Top with crumbled feta cheese and olive oil. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes and serve immediately with freshly baked sesame bread.
The bread keeps in the fridge for 2-3 days. You can also freeze it for a quick and easy future treat. Reheat it in a warm oven or microwave. You can even use the toaster for additional crispiness!