Keto shrimp skewers with chimichurri
- 1¾ lbs 800 g shrimp
- 1 1 lemon, juicelemons, juice
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 2 2 garlic clove, crushedgarlic cloves, crushed
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- 1 pinch 1 pinch chili flakes
- 6 (3 oz.) 6 (90 g) scallion stalksscallions stalks
- ½ cup 120 ml light olive oil
- ¼ cup 60 ml white wine vinegar
- 2 oz. (3½ cups) 55 g (800 ml) fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 4 4 garlic clove, finely choppedgarlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 2 red chili pepper, finely choppedred chili peppers, finely chopped
- 2 tsp 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1½ tsp 1½ tsp salt
- 1 pinch 1 pinch pepper
- Wash and peel the shrimp. Leave the tails on if you want. Make a cut along the top of each shrimp and remove the vein, if present./steps_item] In a bowl, prepare the marinade: add the lemon juice, soy sauce, crushed garlic, salt and chili flakes and mix well.
- Add the shrimp to the marinade and leave for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Cut the green onion stalks into inch-long sticks (2.5 cm).
- While the shrimp are marinating, prepare the chimichurri. Mix the ingredients together in a bowl and leave to stand so that the flavors combine.
- Take the shrimp out of the refrigerator and put together the skewers: pierce the shrimp with wooden kebab sticks, alternating then with the green onion sticks.
- Cook the shrimp skewers on a barbecue or grill until they have turned opaque, around 6 to 8 minutes.
- Serve the skewers with the chimichurri.
Soak the wooden sticks in water before putting together the skewers, while the shrimp are marinating. It will stop the sticks from burning on the grill.
Chimichurri sauce comes from Argentina and Uruguay. Traditionally, chimichurri sauce is paired with grilled steaks, but it also goes wonderfully with shrimp, fish, or pork.