Keto Spanish garlic shrimp
Lucky for us, this popular Spanish tapas dish, Gambas al Ajillo, is perfectly suited for a keto lifestyle. Spicy and garlicky, with a touch of lemon, it shines as an appetizer as part of a Spanish party platter, along with Manchego cheese, olives, and Serrano ham. Or enjoy it as a main course by doubling the recipe.
- 1⁄3 cup 80 ml olive oil
- 1½ oz. 45 g garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1¼ lbs 550 g shrimp, peeled with the tail left on
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- 1 1 lemon cut into wedges, to servelemons cut into wedges, to serve
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Heat the oil over medium-low heat in a large, cast iron pan.
- Stir in the garlic and chili flakes. Cover and cook for five minutes or until the garlic turns a light yellow color, stirring regularly.
- In the meantime, season the shrimp with salt and let rest for five minutes.
- Once the garlic has turned a light yellow, increase the heat to medium. Add the shrimp to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes (or until it turns light pink) and then turn over for another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix with the parsley.
- Garnish the shrimp with lemon wedges to serve.
Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed this. I can't wait to try it!
Most of the carbs in this come from the garlic. The chili flakes have a trace amount and the lemon and the shrimp have 1g carbs each as well.