Keto deviled eggs
These amazing keto bites are loaded with flavor and redefine elegance in a small package. They also feature our amazing (if we do say so ourselves) homemade mayonnaise. Serve these for any party or holiday, and be prepared for the rave reviews!
- 8 8 eggeggs
- 1 tsp 1 tsp tabasco
- ¼ cup 60 ml mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise
- 1 pinch 1 pinch herbal salt
- 16 16 shrimp, cooked and peeled or strips of smoked salmon
- fresh dill sprigs
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Gently add the eggs to a pot and cover with water, about 2” (5 cm) higher than the eggs. Place the lid on the pot and bring the water to a boil over high heat. Once at a boil, turn off the heat and let sit for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the eggs from the pot with a slotted spoon, and place them in an ice bath for a few minutes before peeling.
- Split the eggs in half and scoop out the yolks.
- Place the egg whites on a plate.
- In a small bowl, mash the yolks with a fork and add tabasco, herbal salt and homemade mayonnaise.
- Add the mixture, using two spoons, to the egg whites and top with a shrimp on each, or a piece of smoked salmon.
- Decorate with dill.
You could also add capers for a bit of additional bit of salty and vinegary goodness.