Low-carb Asian style chicken wings
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp avocado oil or light olive oil
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 lbs 900 g chicken wings
- 3 oz. 75 g , sliced, sliced
- 1 1 red chili pepper, finely choppedred chili peppers, finely chopped
- 1½ lbs 650 g bok choy
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp avocado oil or light olive oil
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp (10 g) sesame seeds
- salt and pepper, after taste
- ¼ cup 60 ml cashew nuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Mix the marinade ingredients in a small bowl.
- Put the wings in a large plastic bag and pour two thirds of the marinade into it. Marinate the wings for a minimum of 10 minutes up to over night.
- Separate the wings on an oven tray and bake for 30-35 minutes depending on the size of the wings. Take out and brush with the rest of the marinade and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Fry the bok choy in coconut oil for a couple of minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the wings, scallions, chili and bok choy on plates.
- Mix the soy, sriracha, oil and sesame seeds in measuring cup and drizzle over the wings and bok choy. Top it off with cashew nuts for extra crunch.
Feel free to use any cruciferous or cabbage-like vegetable in place of the bok choy. Savoy cabbage, Napa cabbage, broccoli, broccolini, and gai lan all work with this recipe.