No-cook low carb and keto meals — plus, no-bake desserts!
Whether you are often short on time, a frequent traveler, or just fancy a night off cooking, we have lots of great ideas for meals that do not require you to stand behind your stove.
With a few key tips and tricks, you can easily keep to a low carb or keto diet with minimal cooking requirements, leaving you with a good chunk of time to dedicate to other fun hobbies and activities.
How to limit your time in the kitchen
- Keep it simple. A meal doesn’t have to consist of many different elements. The fewer ingredients you need, the less time you’ll usually spend in the kitchen.
- Use fresh vegetables that do not require cooking, or ones that you enjoy lightly steamed (low carb vegetables guide). Many vegetables can be lightly cooked at the beginning of the week and stored in an airtight container for around five days. Just select those that you wish to add to your meal without the need for daily cooking.
- Buy a whole cooked rotisserie chicken and cut it into pieces. Then, store it in an airtight container in the fridge, and take pieces as needed to add to meals.
- Look for sliced meats in the deli section of your supermarket. Stock your fridge with your favorite meats and cheeses for quick accessible sources of protein. Just be sure to check the ingredients first for hidden sugars.
- Take advantage of pre-prepared fish, such as tinned tuna and smoked salmon. Vacuum-packed fish also has a good shelf life when kept in the fridge, while tinned fish has an almost infinite shelf life — making them a great go-to protein option.
- Boiled eggs are also a quick, easy-to-make way to get more protein and fat into your diet. Plus, you can boil up a dozen eggs at a time and eat them throughout an entire week. Refrigerate, peel, and use as needed by incorporating them into meals (on salads or for breakfast) or having them as a quick snack.
- Keep your fridge stocked with our top 10 instant no-cook meal ingredients (below) to help you whip up a balanced keto or low carb plate with minimal thought or effort.
Top 10 no-cook or ‘low-cook’ keto and low carb ingredients
- Olive oil
- Feta cheese
- Deli meats
- Tinned tuna
What are your best ideas when it comes to preparing no- or low-cook meals? Please let us (and your fellow readers!) know in the comments below. Thanks to everyone sharing their great ideas.
No-cook (and low-cook) low carb breakfasts
No-cook (and low-cook) low carb meals
No-cook (and low-cook) low carb sides
No-bake low carb and keto desserts