High-protein chocolate almond smoothie
- ¾ cup 180 ml unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp (optional)
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp almond butter
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ½ tsp stevia drops
- ¼ cup 60 ml unflavored protein powder (whey)
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp cocoa powder
- ¾ cup 180 ml ice cubeice cubes
- Place the almond milk, coconut cream (if using), almond butter, vanilla extract, and stevia into a blender and blend until mixed.
- Add the protein powder, cocoa powder, and ice. Blend until smooth. Serve and enjoy.
If you like your smoothie extra creamy, try adding 1/4 of an avocado per serving. It will also bulk up the healthy fats to keep you full even longer.
For an even more filling smoothie, add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or any other healthful oil. You may also substitute the almond milk for 1 cup Greek yogurt if you prefer a dairy-based smoothie. If so, add a little water for a more liquid consistency.
You can also use vanilla flavored whey protein powder in place of the unflavored whey, stevia and vanilla extract. Ensure the protein powder uses natural flavoring and Diet Doctor-approved sweeteners.
Recommended special equipment
- High speed blender