High protein chocolate almond smoothie
- ¾ cup 180 ml unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp coconut cream (optional)
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp almond butter
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ½ tsp stevia drops
- ¼ cup (¾ oz.) 60 ml (25 g) whey protein isolate (unflavored)
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp cocoa powder
- ¾ cup 180 ml ice cubeice cubes
- Place the almond milk, coconut cream (if using), almond butter, vanilla extract, and stevia into a blender and blend until mixed.
- Add the protein powder, cocoa powder, and ice. Blend until smooth. Serve and enjoy.
If you like your smoothie extra creamy, try adding 1/4 of an avocado per serving. It will also bulk up the healthy fats to keep you full even longer.
For an even more filling smoothie, add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or any other healthful oil. You may also substitute the almond milk for 1 cup Greek yogurt if you prefer a dairy-based smoothie. If so, add a little water for a more liquid consistency.
You can also use vanilla flavored whey protein powder in place of the unflavored whey, stevia and vanilla extract. Ensure the protein powder uses natural flavoring and Diet Doctor-approved sweeteners.
Recommended special equipment
The white from one large egg only has 4g protein.
Peanut butter should work well in this recipe..
Ideally you can find a brand with no added sweetener and is 0g carbs. In the USA, two common brands are Isopure and Jay Robb; both offer an unflavored whey protein isolate.
So glad you both enjoyed it!