Crunchy keto berry mousse
- 2 cups 475 ml heavy whipping cream
- 3 oz. 75 g fresh raspberries or fresh strawberries or fresh blueberries
- 2 oz. 50 g chopped pecans
- ½ ½ lemon, the zest
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Pour the cream into a bowl and whip with a hand mixer until soft peaks form. Add the lemon zest and vanilla towards the end.
- Add berries and nuts to the whipped cream and stir thoroughly.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let sit in the refrigerator for 3 or more hours for a firm mousse. You can also enjoy the dessert immediately if you don't mind a less firm consistency.
We like a blend of raspberries and blueberries. What do you like? Try any combination — strawberries, cherries, blackberries, or red and black currants.
This recipe was generously provided by Simona Weiland, one of our over 50,000 members. Thank you very much!
Do you have a great low-carb recipe that you want to share? We can make it, photograph it and publish it here on the site, with your name on it. Or perhaps you have a traditional recipe and you would like us to create a low-carb version? Please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with your suggestions on how to make our recipes better.