- 2 cups 480 ml heavy whipping cream
- 3 oz. 90 g fresh raspberries or fresh strawberries or fresh blueberries
- 1¾ oz. 50 g chopped pecans
- ½ ½ lemon the zest
- ¼ teaspoon ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour the cream into a bowl and whip with a hand mixer until soft peaks form. Add the lemon zest and vanilla towards the end.
- Add berries and nuts to the whipped cream and stir thoroughly.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let sit in the refrigerator for 3 or more hours for a firm mousse. You can also enjoy the dessert immediately if you don't mind a less firm consistency.
We like a blend of raspberries and blueberries. What do you like? Try any combination— strawberries, cherries, blackberries, or red and black currants.
This recipe was generously provided by Simona Weiland, one of our over 25,000 members. Thank you very much!
Do you have a great low-carb recipe that you want to share? We can make it, photograph it and publish it here on the site, with your name on it. Or perhaps you have a traditional recipe and you would like us to create a low-carb version? Please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with your suggestions on how to make our recipes better.