Feta cheese and watermelon tower
- ¼ (1 oz.) ¼ (28 g) red onionred onions
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 8 oz. (1½ cups) 230 g (375 ml) feta cheese block
- 8 oz. (1½ cups) 230 g (350 ml) watermelon
- 4 oz. 110 g deli turkey or prosciutto
- ½ cup (¾ oz.) 120 ml (21 g) fresh basil
- Thinly slice the red onion and place it in a bowl. Add the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Combine until the onion is completely covered. Set aside to marinate while continuing with the recipe.
- Cut the feta cheese in half horizontally into flat slices. Cut the watermelon to the same size as the feta cheese. Place one half of feta cheese on a plate, roll up the deli turkey slices and place half of them on top of the feta cheese. Place a watermelon block on top, then add the fresh basil leaves. Repeat with feta cheese, deli turkey, and watermelon. Poke two long skewers through each tower and cut it in half. Half a tower equals two servings.
- Top each tower with the marinated onion and fresh basil leaves. Serve right away.
To reduce the carbs, you can substitute cucumber for watermelon. This will decrease the net carbs by 6 grams per serving.
Make this recipe even more effortless: dice the feta cheese, watermelon, and deli turkey, then top with the onion and fresh basil. You can toss the ingredients together and serve it as a salad or stack mini-towers and secure them with toothpicks to serve as finger food!