Creamy low carb “rice” pudding
With just a few superstar ingredients, you can have an amazing low carb version of the classic rice pudding. Bam! Nearly immediate gratification for the holidays.
- 12 oz. (12⁄3 cups) 350 g (400 ml) cottage cheese
- 1 cup 240 ml heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 oz. (71⁄3 tbsp) 55 g (110 ml) fresh raspberries or other berries of your liking
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add the vanilla extract. You can mix in the cinnamon at this stage, or sprinkle it on top right before serving.
- Gently fold in the cottage cheese but don't over mix. Let the pudding settle in the fridge for about 10-15 min.
- Serve with red berries of your choice, whole or mashed.
You may want to add a touch of sweetener to taste. https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto/sweeteners#top3
We have not tested this with ricotta, but it can work well as a substitute for cottage cheese, generally speaking.