Keto tres leches cake
- ½ cup 120 ml
- ½ cup 120 ml unsweetened almond milk
- 2½ tbsp 2½ tbsp powdered erythritol
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch 1 pinch salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- ½ cup 120 ml
- 1 tsp 1 tsp cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 tsp 2 tsp powdered erythritol
- 1 tsp 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients to the cake. Mix until well-combined.
- Grease a 6" x 9" (16 x 21 cm) glass baking dish or a microwave-proof dish at least 2.5" (6.5 cm) deep.
- Pour the batter into the dish, smoothing the top to make sure you have an even layer of mixture.
- Microwave on medium-high (around 600 W) for 3.5 minutes (cook times will vary depending upon the microwave wattage; it could require more time!). Remove from the microwave. Check that the cake is cooked in the center. If necessary, return to the microwave for 20 seconds. Continue this process until the cake center is cooked. Allow to cool at room temperature and do not remove the cake from the dish.
- While the cake is cooking in the microwave, mix together the ingredients for the sauce and stir until the erythritol dissolves. Set aside.
- Once the cake has cooled to room temperature, use a fork to poke evenly spaced holes over the top of the cake. Pour the sauce over the entire surface of the cake. Refrigerate for at least two hours or overnight, allowing the cake to absorb the sauce.
- Combine the ingredients for the whipped cream and beat with an electric mixer until the mixture forms peaks (around 2 minutes). Take care not to beat more than necessary or it will turn into butter!
- Cover the cake with the whipped cream. Dust with ground cinnamon just before serving.
You can use the oven instead of the microwave if you prefer. In that case, preheat the oven to 350ºF (175°C). Bake the cake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the center of the cake is cooked.
Why use the tiny amount of cream cheese in the whipped cream? It's because if you are not going to serve the dish straight away, the cream cheese helps to keep the whipped cream smooth and fluffy for longer.