Keto hot chocolate
- 1 oz. 28 g unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2½ tsp 2½ tsp powdered erythritol
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup 240 ml boiling water
- Put the ingredients in a tall beaker to use with an immersion blender.
- Mix for 15–20 seconds or until there's a fine foam on top.
- Pour the hot cocoa carefully into to cups and enjoy.
If you want to make your hot cocoa even richer, add a dollop of whipped coconut cream before serving. Or whipped heavy cream if you tolerate dairy.
Replace the water with full-fat milk for a richer taste. But keep in mind that the carb count will go up about 11 grams per cup.
If you want something extra, add a few chocolate shavings or a sprinkle of cinnamon on top!
Use ghee (clarified butter) or coconut oil for a dairy-free option.
Enjoy it right away
This recipe isn't good for preparing ahead of time. Once chilled, the melted butter will set and separate which will leave you with a grainy mixture.
If this accidentally happens, you can reheat it in a sauce pan over medium heat and then pulse it with an immersion blender until smooth and frothy again.